Health monitoring device is really important for users that need to constantly monitor their vital signs. Beam is a stylish wearable medical monitoring device that simplifies the way a user reads the displayed information. This device is also ideal for seniors who live on their own but need supervision due to their medical conditions such as low/high blood pressure, diabetes, or any heart condition. This is a simple way for their family and doctors to monitor their health remotely.
Beam is an eco-friendly device, the incorporated generator eliminates the need to change batteries. This medical device has been designed to ensure users still feel free to do their daily routines without much of the hassle of routine medical checking.
Designer : Rodrigo Guadarrama
The main body of the design is formed by a watch-like device. It is made up by the following parts:
1. Magnetic Buckle. Fitted with small, strong magnets, this simple design allows inexperienced users to easily put on the device. It is essential for the device’s proper functioning that the buckle be properly attached. A wire runs through the straps and needs to make contact at the buckle. This feature is intended as a safety measure -once contact is made all around the strap, the device is ready to take measurements.
2. I/O Connector. This cap -that looks just like the rest of the buttons but is the same color as the body- covers a connection port for the device. This port can be used for several things, including connecting to a computer for configuration, battery charging in case the in-built generator fails as well as connecting to additional devices such as an oxymeter, blood pressure gauge or glucose level monitor for diabetics.
3. PANIC button. This button, in red, is to be used by the patient or caregiver in case of emergency. It will instantly trigger an alarm and send a message to family members and the user’s doctor including their latest medical information and recent trends.
4. Flexible OLED display. This state-of-the art, paper-thin transparent film displays the readings in near-real time for the patient to see. Its colors, fonts and the amount of information displayed is completely customizable to the user’s needs and taste. It will change its appearance automatically depending on the status of the user’s readings.
5. Multi-function buttons. The user will use these buttons to cycle through the modes of the device, especially when he or she desires to see more detailed information on a specific reading.
6. Temperature sensor. Similar to modern instant-reading digital thermometers, this sensor will be in constant touch with the user’s skin, thus providing near real-time data on their temperature.
7. Electronics casing. All the electronics necessary are housed in these two sections of the device, connected by the display. It is covered in polyurethane so that it has the same feel as the straps.
8. Straps. As mentioned before, the straps need to be in a closed loop for the device to work. Made in polyurethane, they are hypoallergenic, hygenic, durable, comfortable and recyclable. They can be interchanged and are available in a wide array of sizes to accommodate children and adults.
The widespread of e-books or electronic books have forced the gadget designers to produce some handy devices that may overcome the hassles and inconveniences associated with reading in a monotonous computer screen. Therefore, e-book readers, one of the most useful creations of recent world, have been introduced by several manufacturers with many different functional features, so that the reader can feel like reading a paper book. Most of the e-book readers feature portability of handhelds along with a higher resolution screen to ensure readers convenience. The average size of a good quality e-book reader is almost as an average size paper book and weighted only a few hundred grams.
E-book readers always keep one thing common that is a very high definition display and the entire surface area is almost occupied. Few e-book readers are available in only black and white colors but there are many supported with full color display capability. The main advantage of e-books is you don’t have to worry about your encyclopedias, technical documentations, catalogues, brochures, magazines and comics to get aged. Moreover, e-books are updating continuously and since most of e-books don’t kill your storage device with a gigantic volume, you can store a previous version documents easily.
This e-book reader also has a remote control for page flipping. You can flip pages using thumb on the remote control or touchpad on the frame of the e-book reader.
The Audi 2Lip is a vehicle for the year 2050 designed mainly for elderly people. The whole architecture comes from the idea revolutionizing the way of accessing the vehicle overcoming possible mobility problems of the users. The front of the vehicle is divided into strips of shape memory polymer, able to open and close like a flower. In this way, the passengers can walk into the cabin, reaching the seats without obstacles. The large front platform moves downward, reducing the space between the road and the bottom of the car, this also means providing easy access for disabled people. Once the passengers have taken place, the bodywork closes gently giving an unusual view from the outside.
The characteristics of Audi 2Lip offer excellent visibility and extreme spaciousness. The entire front area is dedicated to the passengers, while the mechanical parts are gathered inside the large rear wheels. The large transparent surface that surrounds the Audi 2Lip also provides a full view of the road and of the position of the front wheels, enhancing the feeling of full control of the vehicle.
Designer : Davide Varenna
The surface design, determined by the contrast soft/strong, communicates the superior interior comfort offered, but at the same time doesn’t show the fragility of the occupants. The soft curvatures are in fact opposed to the edges of the central frame: elements that give character and project the still strong charisma of the passengers.
The character of Audi 2Lip is also strengthen by the large rear wheels, which create tension into the surfaces and suggest the frontal opening. Their central location allows the simple shape of the side, while providing benefits at the functional level: the two close elements favor more compact and lightweight mechanics and allow the vehicle to have an aerodynamic form. The wide wheels mask the height of the tires, indispensable to ensure a greater level of comfort. The safety level from this futuristic vehicle will influence grandparents purchasing decision, because they would want to engage more in the care and transport of their grandchildren.